1. Hamas is a terror organization whose declared goal is the destruction of the State of Israel. Hamas seeks to murder Israelis by firing rockets, placing IEDs and building terror tunnels into Israeli territory. Hamas is orchestrating a dangerous, mass-scale infiltration into the State of Israel’s sovereign territory.
2. What is happening on the border with the Gaza Strip is not a demonstration. It is an organized riot, being used as a platform for carrying out terrorist attacks and launching a mass assault on the border fence and breaching it. No sovereign state would permit this.
3. Hamas is the initiator of the riots and has the power to put an end to them at any time. Instead of doing this, Hamas is calling for further escalation and is encouraging terror against Israel.
4. Those killed were carrying out violent terrorist activity. Most of these casualties (at least 10) have been identified as known terror operatives. Israel’s riot control actions were precise, in accordance with international law. Israel will continue to act with determination to protect its sovereignty and the security of its citizens.
5. The terrorist organizations make cynical use of women and children, who are purposely sent to the fence to be injured. Hamas uses them as cover for its attempts to carry out terrorist attacks, including placing IEDs on the fence and launching rockets.
6. The fence between Israel and the Gaza Strip separates a sovereign state and a terror organization; it separates a country that protects its citizens and murderers who send their people into danger. The fence separates an army that uses force in self-defense in a precise and proportionate manner, and Hamas, an organization that for years has been intent on harming millions of Israelis and sanctifies murder and death. Anyone who mistakenly views in this murderous spectacle even an iota of freedom of expression is blind to the threats facing the State of Israel.
7. Hamas is funded and armed by Iran. It spends huge sums of money on building up its military and on terrorist activity, instead of on the welfare of the population in the Gaza Strip.