The Palestinian leadership’s latest ploy aims to ignite a confrontation at Israel’s borders, in particular with the Gaza Strip. Led and financed mainly by Hamas, the plan is to have thousands of Gazans gather and camp close to the border fence in the coming weeks. They may initiate a mass march, or even a violent storming of the border and clashes with Israeli security forces. The culmination of the campaign is slated for May 15 (the day after Israel declared independence in 1948, labeled “Nakba – Disaster – Day” by the Palestinians).
It should be noted that the Palestinian leadership and Israel agreed in 1995 to resolve through negotiation, not by unilateral moves or violence, permanent status issues such as the settlements, security arrangements and borders, as well as the refugee issue.
The Palestinian representatives again and again rejected serious efforts to reach peace agreements, including far-reaching Israeli proposals in the negotiations held in 2000 and in 2008.The Palestinian leaders left the negotiation table once again in 2014.
Gaza is facing a worrying humanitarian situation, brought on by the dismal failure of Hamas and the PA to provide for the welfare of Gaza’s population. Instead of taking responsibility, Palestinian leaders are trying to put the blame on Israel.
1. The campaign organized by Palestinian leaders is in fact a dangerous, premeditated provocation meant to fan the flames of the conflict and increase tension.
2. Israel has the right to defend its borders and to prevent infiltration into its sovereign territory.
3. In the last two weeks, there has been an increase in terror attacks on Israel, supported and encouraged by Palestinian leaders.
4. For almost eleven years, Hamas has ruled the Gaza Strip, preferring to continue the conflict at the expense of the welfare of the Gazan people.
5. Hamas uses its resources for armament, smuggling tunnels, and other militaristic purposes, instead of investing in the civilian infrastructures in Gaza.
6. Hamas is spending more than $10 million to finance the current confrontation campaign, paying Gazans to get them to participate.
7. Hamas’s primary goal remains to destroy Israel.
8. Hamas continues to exploit the civilian population of Gaza as human shields.
9. Israel continues its humanitarian support of Gaza, allowing entry of goods, electricity and water as well as the passage of people via Israel for medical reasons.
STOP the LIES of HAMAS — Share this information with your friends!